Robert A. Creo is an experienced educator and speaker in the fields of arbitration, mediation, and conflict resolution. To attend an upcoming presentation or to book Mr. Creo for a speaking engagement, please contact us. If you are a lawyer looking to learn more about the mediation process, consider attending his Effective Mediation Advocacy workshop, available for CLE credit.
- Decision Processes, Pa. Conference of Mayors, Hershey, PA, July 18, 2014.
- Identity, Decision & Negotiations, Green Tree Rotary Meeting, Wallace Memorial Presbyterian Church, Pittsburgh, PA, September 4th, 2014.
- Decision Making for Mediators, Western Pa. Council of Mediators, December 15, 2014.
Recent Presentations (2003-Present)
- Identity, Decision & Negotiations, Fox Chapel Rotary Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA. April 30th, 2014.
- The Science of Decision Processes for Mediators, MAPS, New Orleans, April 4, 2014.
- Neuroscience, Mediator Sense & Decision Making, US Dist. Ct. Western Pa., FBA, MCWP, Pittsburgh, PA, January 9th, 2014.
- Mediation Workshop, McKean County Bench-Bar Conference, Bradford, PA, October 16, 2013.
- The Science and Myths of Mediation, Center for ADR, Greenbelt, Maryland, June 14, 2013.
- Effective Use of Mediation, Claims Litigation Management, Pittsburgh, PA, May 22, 2013.
- ADR Symposium, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, OH, March 2013.
- Law School Mediation Advocacy Competition Judge, ICMA, Toronto, Canada, March 2013.
- Mediation Theory and Skills, William & Mary Law School, Williamsburg, VA, February 2013.
- The Nuts and Bolts of Mediation, ACBA Municipal Solicitors, Pittsburgh, PA, January 2013.
- Arbitration of Employment Discrimination Claims, PBI, Pittsburgh, PA, November 2012.
- Credibility of Witnesses in Labor Arbitration, AAA/NAA, Pittsburgh, PA, October 2012.
- Neuroscience, Risk Assessment & Decision Making, CLM, Philadelphia, PA, September 2012.
- Ask the Arbitrator, Labor-Management Conference, Indiana University of Pa., April 2012.
- Ask the Arbitrator, PELRAS, State College, PA, March 2012.
- Anatomy of a Labor Arbitration, Allegheny County Bar Association, Pittsburgh, March 2012.
- Mediation Advocacy Competition, ICMA, Toronto, Canada, March 2012.
- Effective Decision Making in Mediation and Negotiation, US Dist. Court, Western District of
Pennsylvania Federal Bar Association, Pittsburgh, PA, February 2012.
- Effective Decision Making for Lawyers, Philadelphia, PA, October 2011.
- The Art and Science of Decision Making, 360 Degree Institute, Las Vegas, NV September 2011.
- The Art and Science of Decision Making, ADR Center, Bowie, Maryland, June 2011.
- Ethical Issues in Mediation, Mediation Council of Western Pennsylvania, September 2010.
- Negotiation Theory, Skills and Tactics, Duquesne Light, Pittsburgh, PA, June 2010.
- Advanced Mediator Training, ABA, Philadelphia, PA, October 2009.
- Labor Arbitrator Roundtable, Allegheny County Bar Association, Pittsburgh, September 2009.
- The Art of Negotiation, Duquesne Light Company, Pittsburgh, PA, June 2009.
- Mediation Simulation, PAMIC, Harrisburg, PA, April 2009.
- The Power of Apology in Medical Malpractice Claims, Duke University, NC., January 2009.
- The Science of Mediation, Southern California Mediator Association, LA, CA, November 2008.
- Breaking Impasse in Mediation, AMRI, Harrisburg, PA, September 2008.
- Ethical Issues in Mediation, Mediation Council of Western Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, May, 2008.
- Social Media and Conflict Resolution, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, April 2008.
- Mediator Dilemmas, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, May, 2007.
- ADR in Practice: Diverse Choices/Diverse Perspectives, Chatham University, February 2007.
- Breaking Impasse, CPR, New York City, NY, January 2007.
- Mediator Basics, Federal District Court, Pittsburgh, PA, January 2007.
- Business Aspects of Neutral Practices, ACR, Phoenix, AZ, October 2007.
- Business Aspects of Neutral Practices, ACR, Philadelphia, PA, October 2006.
- The Business of Mediators, ABA, Philadelphia, PA, June 2006.
- Advanced Mediator Training, USAM Mid-West, St. Louis, MO, 2008, 2007 & 2006.
- Advanced Mediator Training, MAPS, New Orleans, 2006, 2005, 2004 & 2003.
- Art of Mediation, Minnesota Bar Association, Minneapolis, MN, October 2005.
- Ethical Issues in Negotiation, Allegheny County Bar Association, Pittsburgh, PA, April 2005.
- Mediator Training, CPR, San Francisco and New York City, October 2004.
- Mediation: Beyond the Basics, Michigan Bar Association, October, 2003.
- Mr. Creo was selected as a Fulbright Scholar for the United States State Department and has presented in Ukraine, Poland, Bulgaria,
Serbia, England, and Italy.
- He has dual Italian citizenship and has conducted extensive mediator training in Italy (Milano, Naples, Palermo, Roma), including multi-day sessions annually from 2000-2011.