Robert A. Creo has published extensively on arbitration, mediation, and dispute resolution.
The Master Mediator is Mr. Creo’s periodic web column on The CPR Institute website. It was published from 2005 to 2009 and restarted in November of 2012 in print format in the CPR Alternatives monthly publication. To receive the articles in PDF format via email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CPR Master Mediator Podcast Series was a three-part audio discussion conducted by Mr. Creo in 2009. The podcasts are available online at West Legal EdCenter.
The topics were, as follows:
- 1st podcast (4/13/09), “I’m Sorry? Acknowledgment and Apology in Preventing Medical Malpractice Claims”: an exploration of the pros, cons, ethics, legal ramifications, and efficacy of health care providers discussing medical errors with patients and family and the role of apology in resolving claims.
- 2nd podcast (5/11/09), “The Ethics of Fictional Lawyers”: an analysis of the popular portrayal of lawyers, and the ethics issue they raise under the ABA’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct.
- 3rd podcast (9/28/09), “The Science of Conflict” with Monique McKay: a discussion on the Master Mediator Institute and effective negotiation and decision making in conflict.
- The Master Mediator: It’s Not A Video Recording, Part 3: Sharing and Vindicating Mediation Memories, 31 CPR Alternatives, No. 6, 89 (June 2013).
- The Master Mediator: It’s Not A Video Recording, Part 2: Mediation and Memory, 31 CPR Alternatives, No. 5, 69 (May 2013).
- The Master Mediator: Memory is Not a Video Recorder, Part 1, 31 CPR Alternatives, No. 4, 51 (April 2013).
- The Master Mediator: You, Me, & Me —and You! An Exploration of Unconscious Imitation, 31 CPR Alternatives, No. 3, 35 (March 2013).
- The Master Mediator: Fatigue, Ego Depletion and Persistence in the Bargaining Room, 31 CPR Alternatives, No. 2, 35 (February 2013).
- The Master Mediator: Accurate Assessments and Intuitive Responses at the Settlement Conference and the ADR Session, 31 CPR Alternatives, No. 1, 4 (January 2013).
- The Master Mediator: The Brain Is Not a Computer, 30 CPR Alternatives, No. 11, 206 (December 2012).
- The Master Mediator: Failure and Me, 30 CPR Alternatives, No. 10, 187 (November 2012).
- The Four Tenets of Mediation, ADR Committee Newsletter, Pa. Bar Association (July 2012).
- How Lawyers Think Book Review, 20 ADR Quarterly 2, State Bar of Michigan (April 2012).
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Law, Procedure and Commentary for the Pennsylvania Practitioner, George T. Bisel Company, Inc. 1,600 page treatise. (October 2006)
- Update on Medical Malpractice Mediation in Western PA, Allegheny County Medical Society, The Bulletin (June 2005).
- Business and Practice Issues of US Mediators, Mediators on Mediation, Christopher Newmark & Anthony Monaghan, Editors (September 2005).
- How to Avoid Becoming Enslaved by the Tyranny of Technology, 7 Lawyers J. 7 (2005).
- Mediation 2004: The Art and the Artist, 108 Dickinson Penn State Law Review 1017 (2004).
- The Mediation Process, Computer Based CLE, George T. Bisel Company (January 2003).
- Emerging from No Man’s Land to Establish a Bargaining Model, 19 CPR Alternatives, No. 8, 191 (September 2001).
- A Pie Chart Tool to Resolve Multiparty, Multi-Issue Conflicts, 18 CPR Alternatives, No. 5, 89 (May 2000).
- How a ‘Blind Trust Method’ Resolves Multi-Defendant Cases, 17 CPR Alternatives, No 8, 145 (September 1999).
- A Dialogue on Mediation, ACBA (February 1999).
- An Essay on Professionalism: The Portrayal of Lawyers in Popular Fiction, 146 Pittsburgh Legal Journal 7 (January 1998).
- Federal Arbitration Advocate’s Handbook, 2nd Ed. Co-author Albert Celmer. (1993).
- A Day in the Arbitral Life, Perspective, LRP Publications (June 1987).
- Arbitration of Nonunion Employees’ Discharge Cases, ABA Young Lawyers (Winter 1984).
- Duty of Fair Representation After Bowen, Federal Bar Association, 2 Labor Relations Council Newsletter (October 1983).
- Arbitration of Wrongful Discharge Claims, Federal Bar Association, 2 Labor Relations Council Newsletter (April 1983).
- An Arbitrator’s Power to Compel Testimony: Perspective, Labor Relations Press (Part I, Dec. 1982) and (Part II, January 1983).
- Comment, Standard for Effective Assistance of Counsel, Washington University Law Quarterly 504 (1976).